our red onion & thyme marmalade is the perfect pairing with goats cheese
375g pack of shortcrust pastry
200g goats cheese
2 tablespoons red onion marmalade or chutney
1 teaspoon thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Prep: 20 mins Cook time: 20-25 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/390F/Gas 6. Roll out the pastry and divide into 6 x 10cm loose-bottomed tart tins. Line each tin with the pastry and then greaseproof paper and baking beans.
2. Place the tins in the oven for 10 minutes then remove the paper and beans and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes. Once cooked leave to cool for a few minutes.
3. For the filling whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and thyme in a jug - to make it easy to pour into the cases.
4. Place a generous teaspoon of red onion marmalade into each pastry cases and crumble in the goats (remove any rind from the goats' cheese, depending on what goats cheese you use). Pour the egg mixture into each case and place into the oven for 6-8 minutes until the tops are bubbling and golden brown.
5. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly and they are ready. Serve with a dressed salad or have them just as they are.